Grape Seed & Jojoba Lip Gloss: An oil-based gloss made with organic grape seed oil and jojoba
Smooth and slippery oil-based lip glosses are fun to use and SO easy to make. Similar in nature to a light body oil or oil-based perfume, lip glosses come together in minutes and do a great job of conditioning dry skin. Made with just four ingredients, our Grape Seed & Jojoba Lip Gloss is a great example of just how fabulous a simple formula can be.
We used our Organic Grape Seed Oil as the base for this recipe, but you can definitely swap the oil out for another carrier that you prefer. Something light and luscious like Apricot Oil, Pomegranate Oil, or Organic Chia Seed Oil would do nicely. You can also substitute or omit the Flavor Oil to further customize your recipe. Try using a few drops of a lip-safe Essential Oil if you prefer using all-natural ingredients. Peppermint or Spearmint are always great choices for lip products. Rose, Vanilla, or Sweet Orange are other fun choices.
Grape Seed & Jojoba Lip Gloss
Makes six 0.3 ounce lip glosses
- 35 ml Organic Jojoba Clear
- 35 ml Organic Grape Seed Oil
- 5 ml Organic Castor Oil
- 1 ml Asian Pear Flavor Oil
- Combine jojoba, grape seed, and castor oils in a small beaker and mix well.
- Add flavor oil, if using, and mix again until well blended.
- Transfer to roll-on bottles and install neck and roller balls, then cap. To make this step less messy, try using a 75mm Polystyrene Funnel to fill your bottles.
Usage & Packaging
- To use, simply glide roller-bottle over lips to apply a thin layer of gloss.
- Liquid lip glosses, like this Grape Seed & Jojoba Lip Gloss look great in our 1/3 Ounce Roller Bottles.
Looking for more lip care inspiration? Check out our recipes for Strawberry Hibiscus Lip Balm and Apricot Mango Lip Shimmer.